breaking it down

what up mah homie gs just breaking it down, chillin in mah crib, watching the grass grow and feeling thankful for air conditioning and other wonders of god's creation. this space reserved for self-indulgent ramblings and expressions of my pretentious quasi-teenage angst. word.

Friday, June 10, 2005

don't figure me out

only one assignment and three exams until this semester is completed!

SEMESTER ONE MARK TALLY
media: D, HD, D
history: HD, HD, HD
english: HD, HD
other stupid english: D, HD, HD
(sorry, but i don't have anywhere else to gloat.)

it's a mad feeling showing my mum my hd in my 40% history essay, knowing that while writing it she was telling me i was going to fail uni because i haven't been doing enough work.

i love uni. i didn't realise this until last week. but i've been hanging out with some fantastic people, and my quest to become a normal person (and not an insane stress head who locks herself in her room for whole weekends) is going far better than i expected it would. the christian stuff on campus is so awesome; yesterday there was an excellent talk at eu about the bodily resurrection of christ which i found incredibly rewarding. the pumpkin toasted things and the tandoori chicken wraps at manning. playing with bouncy balls in my english tutorial. dancing with spally after studentlife. happy hour with bel, jeremy, jacob and phil on wednesday. death tuna monday. monday dinners with claire (though, unfortunately, we weren't heaps consistent with them). borrowing my first library book from fischer...not to read, but as a prop for a group presentation. laughing hysterically at the sign in the library that cautions students to refrain from putting their library cards into their mouths. laughing at jacob laughing at me. surrounding myself with people who really build me up, or at least indulge my self esteem by laughing at my stupid jokes or the way i get all excited when telling stories about blackstump. having insane talks with non-christians about christianity during media lectures, or, alternatively, at midnight on msn. not going to university english. learning the shortest route to bosch from woolley (hey, it only took us six weeks). finding out this girl in my history tute was a christian. having the same people crop up in basically all my lectures and tutes: god really does connect people. meeting someone who knows who the bees are. having a four-day week.

sure, there's a bit of dodginess that filters through all the 'i'm a cool uni student' stuff. but the balance sheet of semester one is an overly positive one (unlike the balance sheet of australian history, john howard). wow, was alix just political? break it...down.


sounds gracing my eardrums: lior, superficial

1 Comments:

  • At 4:58 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    pay back the chicken...do the chicken payback.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home